Defining Our Terms…
I would define a creative entrepreneur as an individual in the creative sector who identifies an opportunity in the marketplace and uses business skills to turn their ideas into profits.
You may be a creative entrepreneur if:
- When someone asks you “what do you do?”, do you struggle to find a way to describe it in one paragraph?
- Are you tempted to give a list?
- Do you decide how to answer based on what you think is most pertinent to the person you’re talking too?
- Do you find yourself resistant to labeling yourself with a job title?
- Do you dream about crafting a thriving business around something you love so much that it’s the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning, the subconscious thought throughout your day, and often the last thought as your head is hitting the pillow?
- Do you feel that your career goals are too varied to choose just one to describe yourself with?
- Do you dream of making your passion your career?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above you may be a creative entrepreneur! (more…)